Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well now I'm depressed.  I just finished reading a bunch of posts from which (badly) compiles all the lame posts that show up on facebook.  Like a couple that had a fight on facebook.  It was stupid.  And then I did an even more stupid thing...I read the comments.  Luckily the comments were sooooooo stupid and irrelevent to anything, I didn't get angry at the stupidness of them.  Sometime when you read comments you get what Heather calls, rightously indignant.  You just want to find these people and tell them they're W.R.O.N.G. and then beat them a little.  Well, that didn't happen this time.  I think because all the commenters were highschoolers who had nothing better to do than argue over memes and Shakespear quotes and phonetics.  I ALSO realized that these people were probably hipsters and read the book "Six Sick Hipsters" which is the only reason they know what the word meme is.

So I read that book.  It was scarring.  It contains a crazy wild baboon that rips and eats someones face off.  All in the name of memes and hipsterdom.  It also got me more into knitting. 

Yesterday I went to the main Nashville Library with Jacque and Bob in the morning.  It was really amazing in there!  There are all kinds of tables to sit at and read or plug you computer into, and tons of books.  You can only go into the children's bathroom if you have a child with you, and there is a very large room were only teenagers can go.  There is a courtyard with a frozen fountain (yes it was cold yesterday).  There is also an art gallery, and they were showing the movie UP for free yesterday.

Then I worked for 6 hours at J.Jill.  It was super busy and I was late b/c I couldn't find parking.  I ate some pretzel sticks with cheese for lunch/dinner.

After that I went to Sarah and Heathers and had real dinner and played Settlers of Catan, which is a board game that both them and us got for Christmas.  It was a lot of fun.  Heather won. 

This is what Josh did.  Tried to drive into work at noon to work a double, but the parking break wouldn't release.  Did I mention that it SNOWED yesterday morning?  Well it did, about 1/8 of an inch that was melting quickly.  And it stayed  below freezing all day.  It took Josh until 4 I think, trying everything to get the brake unstuck before the tow guy came, did the exact same thing he had been doing for hours, and got it unstuck and then charged 55$ for it.  Luckly we are insured for that.

Poor Josh.  I'm going to go wake him up.

No comments: