Monday, January 18, 2010

Soul Sucking

I am so sad.  I found the flyer for the Zoo 5k I was going to run, and found out it is next Saturday.  So that's an Epic Fail.  I was really going to prepare and run it too.  I love the zoo. I suppose Josh and I could sign up and walk it.

I'm really going to get into shape this time though.  I want to not feel this old and tired and worn out.

If I had a redo, I wouldn't have done research in undergrad and then I wouldn't have gone to such a high end school like vanderbilt.  I would have gone out west to ISU or something.  I would have spent a semester abroad.  I would have gotten an internship for the summer.  Though internships would have been hard because some don't pay, and I don't know how students can do that.  I have a suspicion that they get help from parents but I could be wrong.

I went to Wal-Mart today for the first time in probably over a year.  It was overwhelming and I didn't like it.  Luckily I had a list and I stuck to it for the most part.  I got a bed skirt, a wooden foldable clothes dryer hanger thing (so things can air dry), a clearance sweater, 3 house plants for my house and office, buttons for a jacket I got from the good will,  and a new set of sheets.  I don't need a new set but these were 14$ and were a cute small flower print.  I've been looking for a print like this since I saw some in Jon's aunt's cabin 4 yrs ago or so.  This cabin has 7 or 8 beds and a closet full of sheets from the 70's.  It also has a drawer with a lavender jumpsuit in it. 

Oh and Josh found a Doritos stand in the middle of all the women's clothes and he picked out a bag.

Then we ate lunch at Pyramid's Cafe, a greek place in the Hickory Hollow Mall food court.  Yes, we went to the mall to eat at the food court.  We didn't even stop to look in any stores.  But Pyramid's is sooo good!  The ladies and the guys who work there always recognize me and Josh and are so happy to see us!

The Chic-fil-A was closed.  Chic-fil-A is a chicken fast food joint...EVERYONE southern seems to LOVE it, but I think it's sorta bland and boring.  They tell me it's real chicken therefore it's good and worth it, but what's fake chicken?  It's a processed chicken breast on a bun that's been fried in butter with one pickle and one slice of lettuce on it.  That's it.  And I think that's about all they sell.  There are also the waffle fries which I guess are the next best thing to heaven...but they are just good waffle fries.  I don't know...I don't like any of the chicken fast food places.  I can list them for you:  Mrs. Winners, Chic-fil-A, bojangles, KFC, Church's, and Popeye's.  I've only been to Chic-fil-A, and I don't think I'll go again.  Josh says the one in the mall scored a 78 on it's sanitation before it closed.  I've never heard of a restaurant scoring that low.  I also wonder if that's why it closed.  I most certainly wouldn't knowingly eat at a place that scored under 90!

Oh and I was told by a friend that people couldn't leave comments.  I went into my settings and I am pretty sure I fixed that so now people can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the fake chicken,