Monday, January 4, 2010

A Chocolate Mess

Today is Josh's birthday, so I baked him this desert/cake/pie thing that I've only ever baked once before and he's been asking for it.

Look at what happened:















Look at it!













LOOOOK AT ITTTT!!!!! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

It's terrifying.  Do you know what that is?  That is a mixture of 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of chocolate chips melted with 1.5 sticks of butter, .75 cups of flour and 6 entire eggs.  Ridiculous.  To say the least it overflowed the pie crust.  And yes, I did continue to pour the mixture into the crust, completely, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula, even though I could see clearly it wouldn't fit.  I had hope that it would until the bitter end.  I had to scoop some out of the center of the pie b/c it just wouldn't stop oozing out the side of the pie crust.  It was like Niagara falls.  I may have scooped up some from the stove too and put it back in the bowl.  I used all of that and made 8 mini muffins!  Yes, I had 8 mini muffins worth extra filling and I had bought the deep dish crust too!  Oh...yeah...I used a store bought crust because I am tired.  I did clean it all well though...I didn't leave it for Josh...or to be cooked on next time we cook.  I thought about it because of what Josh's reaction would be...but I didn't.

No comments: