Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Guess where I am?  I'm in Philadelphia!  Philadelphia Mississippi that is!  We flew into Jackson Town last night and then drove all the way out here.  I went 70-80 the whole time but it wasn't an express way.  I don't think there are enough people out here for expressways.  I love it!  The hotel desk lady had hair straight from the eighties and nineties, with giant bangs where half flipped back and half flipped forward.  How can she still be doing that? I just don't know. 

We went to Ronnie's Steak House and Grill for dinner.  I was expecting something lively and dark lit and steak house like...because I've been living in the city for too long now.  It was the opposite...it was a diner that was a little worn down.  All the workers were either teenage girls or old old women, and EVERYONE KNEW EVERYONE in the diner.  And they were all super nice.  The menu gave you choices of steak or catfish.  I didn't know Grill=catfish.  I don't eat catfish because I don't eat bottom feeders.  Lisa made fun of me for that.  We both got the hamburger steak because it was the best in town. :D  And it was good.  I couldn't even eat it all it was so big.  And there was a salad bar!

Today Lisa wants to eat at a place called Peggy's.  I'm pretty excited about that as well.

Oh, I need to tell you about our rental.  It's a Toyota Prius and it took us 15 min. to figure out how to turn it on!  There was a button you press, and I kept on pressing it and it wouldn't turn on.   Then we figured out that the locker/unlocker button keychain slides into the car like a fat floppy disk.  The car still didn't turn on.  What you need to do is plug in the key, press the brake, and then hold down the button.  And there is no noise, you only know it's on bC the computer screen has a big 0 mph on it when it's on.

I am giving a presentation to the Choctaw Tribal Council today.  I'm pretty nervous.

No comments: