Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bossing Around Old People

I was going to write an awesome post, but the pictures I took for it did not turn out awesome and I'm going to have to re-do them.

Sometimes I don't understand.  I'm not allowed to even mention that my coworkers are in any way related to the word "old".  Not even in a factual way like "They are older than me." Or "You have more life experience than me."  But they are allowed to say I'm just a baby and insist that I am 25 yrs old, even though I'm not. 

Everyone gets old or they die before they get old.  Therefore you should be happy you are old because that means you are not dead.

People who gripe and groan about being old or are embarrassed about their age probably should relook at their lives. At what they've accomplished and what still more there is to accomplish for them.  Every season of life has it's set of accomplishments.  I can't wait to get old so that I can go on old person vacations, like tours where you ride a bus or visit historical sites.  (Who am I kidding, I love visiting historical sites now!) Now and for the next few years, while I'm "young" I want to go on adventure vacations out of the country and hiking and so on.  When I was in college I partied.  Now that I'm married I work on making a good household.  When I am old I shall decorate my house with cheesy holiday decorations.  I can't wait!

You are what you are and that's the way it is.  I'm forced to accept it, you should too.

No comments: