Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sleeping with Water

Last night I took an Ambien to help me sleep.  Actually I took 1/4 of one and it knocked me right out.  It was amazing.  Best sleep ever...until the allergies kicked in.  I have a small persistent cough from allergies here and the only thing that helps is just the smallest sip of water.  I always have water with me now because without that sip the cough will not stop and only gets worse.  Just ask Bob and the plane ride we took together.

The cough started in the middle of the night and I reached up to my dresser and grabbed my large slurpy cup of water and took a sip.  Then the Ambien retook a hold of me, and I rested the cup on my stomach/chest and fell back a sleep.  Of course I woke up with an entire cup of cold water pouring out onto me.  It soaked the blankets, and Josh didn't know what was going on.  I was still basically asleep and tried to grab the blankets and pull the wet part to the side of the bed.  I remember saying "I can't function!  What do I do!?!?!"  then I laid down and our memory foam pad splooshed b/c of all the water in it.  I got up and went to the couch and fell asleep instantly.

Josh was still so confused as to what was going on due to the fact that most of our conversation was occurring in my head and then I disappeared.  He got up found me and got me another blanket.  He's so sweet.

No comments: