Sunday, March 20, 2011

It was a good day.

Things have been busy over here in the Colombini household!  We've been running, spending time outside, cleaning, and cooking.  None of it as much as I would like too though.  I'm learning to do what I want instead of waiting to do the fun stuff until after the work is done.  Not in the sense that I am being lazy, but in that I have several projects going that will lead to a cleaner house, but if I wait until everything is perfect, I'll never get to them b/c my house will never be perfect.

For example, the other day I had time to either clean/pick stuff up or sew a bag hutch.  I chose to sew the bag hutch because it was wanted I really wanted to do and it would lead to the cupboard under the sink being a lot emptier and cleaner.

When we run at night, it's wears us out sooo much that we're too tired to cook and by the time we're done it's usually 8:00, too late to clean.  I try to do one or two things, and then forget about the rest of the house.  Someday there will be time, but it would be worse to worry about it now.  I can't wait until the marathon is over and I can get my life back!  Running 2 miles is nothing...but running 6 miles takes the entire evening or day!

I'm so happy that I can say running 2 miles is nothing!  It's one of those things I never ever thought I would say and I didn't even want to be able to.

We went to East Nashville with Tamara and her friend John yesterday.  It's such a nice area to hang out's the up and coming artist/hipster area of Nashville, but doesn't have the Belmont/Nashville hipster scene.  The Green Wagon was having a grand re-opening celebration.  I got a free makeover and I was prepared to spend some money on makeup, but once I was done, the makeover people completely ignored me!  I was like, Ummmmm...okay, and left because I didn't really want the makeup or have the money.  We also got to taste a new beer brewed by the Nashvillians.  It was just okay...a little hoppy for me.  The nut brown beer was pretty good though.  OH and the grilled cheese bus was there.  Josh waited in line for maybe 40 min. and got him and me the best grilled cheese of my life!  It had carmalized onions on the inside.  I was also able to stock up on local handmade soap, which we were out of, and on handmade, local, laundry detergent, which we were very close to being out of.  We bought 5 bags of the laundry detergent on Earth Day last year and it pretty much lasted until today.

We also got some handmade ice cream.  I got ginger lime flavor.  It was good but not amazing.  I'm not an ice cream connoisseur though and would have gotten vanilla if that was available, which it wasn't.  We got to sit outside in some trees on a nice whimsical table with little chairs.  I dislike the word whimsical, but that's the only way to describe it.

It was a good day.

Then Josh and I got home and took a nap.  We woke up and it was 8:30.  We tried to run 6 miles, but only got 2 done because Ackbar had scratched Josh foot from toe to heal in the morning and it was irritating him a lot.  We then had our own grilled cheese for dinner at 10:00 and left over veggies from a pork loin bake we made earlier this week.

No comments: