Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Attack of the Binder Machine

I finished an in-depth how-to manual for the the database and data sharing software I've been working with. It's finished just in time for training of the Cherokee on how to use it. 


I  tried to use the binding machine to bind the 69 pages of magnificent manual.  The binding machine is a low tech electrical machine that punches rectangular holes all down the side of paper and then splits apart the plastic side things so you can put the paper in them, and then when the plastic side things close...whala! Bound document.


Like those, only our binder is slightly less high tech.

Instead of binding my paper it ate some of it and ignored the rest.  Then it started binding and eating all on it's own without me pressing the button!  I'm not a fan of low-tech office supplies gaining artificial intelligence, so I turned it off and put a "broke" note on it.

One of my coworkers of course didn't believe me that it was broke and thought I was just doing it wrong.  I let him figure it out on his own, and yes...it's broke.  That's cause I only look silly but in actuality, I'm quite well educated in knowing when things are broke.

No worries though, I chose not to be offended and annoyed at my coworker because I'm pretty sure I'd do the same thing to someone else.  Plus he said he would fix it tomorrow.  Tomorrow I'm just going to 3 hole punch it all and stick it into a binder.  No more of this fancy pancy stuff.

No comments: