Sunday, March 15, 2015

Random Occurances

My thoughts never seem to gather and collect when I sit down to write any more.  I have thoughts all day, every day of what I want to say, but when it comes to spitting them out, they just fly away.  They say to just keep writing anyways, so that's what I'll do.  Unfortunately for you, you get a list of random thoughts instead of a well connected paragraphed post to read.

1.  Lilly chose to sit in her booster seat this morning.  She wants to sit and eat now.  She sits on the chair and says "Sit".  We spent the day shopping with Auntie Mandy yesterday.  I think Lilly fell in love with Mandy.  When Mandy sat down to eat, Lilly wanted to sit down too!  She also didn't want to pick up her egg salad sandwich because she might get egg salad on her hands.  Really?!?  All she does is eat with her hands.  Forks and spoons are just for fun until she gets impatient.  Josh says she must have been wanting to be on her best behavior.

2.  When I say shopping, I mean, we went to Cabela's and fought with other women to get service so we could try on shoes.  I wanted hiking shoes (not boots, shoes) and they were having a sale on those.  They were so busy!  I only tried on 4 shoes, but it took 1.5 hrs b/c I had to go find a person each time to get me the right size.

3.  Okay, here is the good story of what happened.  You have the background, Cabela's is having a big spring sale, they even had booths of food to sample and someone trying to sign people up for credit cards.  I think it was busier than they expected.  There was an ad in the paper saying they were selling $74 hiking shoes for $34.

There was one lady who we mutually didn't see each other and backed up into each other.  That made a connection and we were friends.  Also, because Lilly is around and I have to talk to her and keep her from "helping" the other people try on shoes, it makes me seem approachable.  I had a tall guy helping me (turns out he didn't even work there, he was just a shoe rep), and she had a short young guy helping her.  Now, I should say, despite all the craziness, these were the NICEST shoe helping workers ever. All were polite and happy and excited.  Except the manager.  He was your typical unhelpful douchebaggy manager.  Anyways, I heard my lady friend say she wanted to find the pair of shoes in the ad.  The guy said he didn't see the ad, so he couldn't help her.  Then, later, she wanted to find the different sizes of the next cheapest pair of shoes. He said that those shoes were in boxes in stacked in the middle.  I already went through this for those shoes and told her they were in the middle walkway and there was only like 6 shoes boxes left.  It was a small hard to find stack.  That woman was so annoyed at the lack of service and how that kid couldn't find her what she needed.  And I agreed...the workers (him) wasn't properly prepped for the day.  But chances are, he never worked in the shoe dept. before.

Then the woman left.  Probably in a huff.  She left her boxes of shoes laying open and around everywhere.  The young man came up and was hurt that she didn't help put the shoes away, and said "She didn't even say goodbye!"  And that just broke my heart.  And I jumped ships and completely agreed with him too.  They were both right, but poor at communication.

So when I left, I talked to the girl who didn't help me (only because I always got the tall guys' attention first), but she was super friendly and had chatted with me while I waited.  I told her to tell the tall guy I said thank you for all his help.  Since I couldn't say goodbye and all. (I was hungry, tired, with a similar feeling sister and toddler, I wasn't going to spend forever looking for this guy to just say goodbye).

I did get a pair of shoes.  They are just okay.  Nothing bad about them and they are cuter, but I think there is another pair that was more comfortable/better for hiking.  They didn't have my size there though, so I can't be sure.  I might order them and try them on and then return one pair.  But that's work.  I have to think about it.

The cheapest pair there was Hi-Tec, which is my favorite hiking boot brand.  For price, comfort and durability.  Unfortunately, with my robot ankle the screws get in the way, and the hi-top boots rubbed against them causing me pain in the ankle.  They were easily the best pair, except that I can't wear hi tops any more. I wonder if I could get the screws removed.  Maybe in 5 to 10 years.  When I CAN be off my feet for a long time and not have to chase babies.

4.  I went to a friend's baby shower this week too.  I brought Lilly because I didn't know better yet.  It was at an amazing house.  It was HUGE.  I can't emphasize this enough.  The master bathroom (I was nosey and peeked when Lilly ran into the bed room (coat room)), is bigger than Lilly's bed room.  I think the main room (kitchen/family room area) is the size of my house.  And it was open with vaulted cealings and and a nice wood floor and nice carpet area, and clean and free of clutter.  Lilly LOVED it.  She ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and spun in circles, and ran, and ran, and ran and didn't sit still for two hours straight.  And I had to chase her the entire time.  I felt the next day like I had ran 10 miles.  And I have before, so I know. Now I know I can't bring her to these type of things unless I have a "sitter" with me to tag team.  Not until she's grown out of this stage.

Disclaimer: The house was built by the family.  They have a very excellent contractor in the family.

5.  I woke up with Josh today at 5am, and it was horrible.  I told him it was like waking up to go to the airport super early.  He said, yeah, only I do that everyday.  I was so sad for him!  He was also telling me this story of how the equipment at work went down for 6 hrs and how it kept on having problems and not working.  Silly me, I thought that was most of the day.  No.  He followed the story up with, we ran for 5 hours first really well.  And I realized just how long 12 hrs is!

I suppose that's it.  I need a coffee refill and I'm suppose to be cleaning the house today.

No comments: