Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Maybe I'm Not as Good at Not Being Passive Aggressive as I Thought

I was reading a humor blog called Passive-Aggressive Notes when I came across this posted note.
Passive-Aggressive Notes is a website where people submit pictures of passive aggressive notes they run across in their daily life.  It has helped me a lot because as an undergrad, I may have left a few quite angry passive notes.  I no longer do that.

Anyways, the title of the specific note is "What's black and white and red all over?"  The answer of course is a Newspaper.  I heard this joke a lot when I was younger.  I almost feel like it was on some sort of children's cassette.  But I have never ever ever gotten it because there is no red on a newspaper!  It's most clearly black and white.  Then when I saw this note on the website, I realized that they meant RED, as in communist.  Probably back in the day before I was born the media was portrayed as communist brainwashers instead of liberal brainwashers...or something.

I will now file the joke under "Before My Time" and stop worrying about it.

I can definitely tell there is an age gap at work.  So far today I have referenced the TV show Archer: "MSG - The FLAVA ENHANCA!" and I referenced Katamari (my favorite PS2 game) and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy: What's the meaning of life? "42" and I have yet to have one person connect the reference.    Possibly it's not an age gap but that I enjoy the Geek Life and they enjoy going to bed at 7:30, two and a half hours after they get home from work.

I had to go to lunch with some nice people and one person who continuously made inappropriate sexual jokes that made me uncomfortable and reached the level of maturity of a 15 year old.  And if he wasn't doing that, he was talking to make himself look superior to another lunch person by his unbelievable knowledge of wasabi.

Here's an example of a joke:
"How do you get a nun pregnant?"
"You F*** her!"
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *SPLAT*

The splat occurred when I whipped out my Invisible Inflatable Pocket Tank and blew him away.

On the way to the restaurant and on the way back I sat in front and made three grown men sit in back.  I don't regret it at all.  The old me would have felt bad b/c I'm the smallest, I should sit in the middle in the back so the boys don't have to touch other boys.  The new me says, I am a lady and I don't want to touch any boys.  AND it's only fair because if they INSIST on being chivalrous and holding the door open for me (despite my multiple times of asking that they don't do that), it should only be expected that I sit in front too.  Chivalry and all.


No comments: