Tuesday, December 4, 2012

This Is Not The Car You Are Looking For

Okay people.  Here is the scariest one instance that has happened to me in the last month. 

Josh and I were parked out front the gas station by our apartment.  He ran in to get some beer (so I guess it was Friday that it happened), and I stayed out to play Jewel Master on my phone.  I was kicking ass at it too when Josh got back in the car.  I thought "Gee you got through that line fast." then I noticed from the corner of my eye that Josh was taking up a lot more room in the car then normal...then he spoke and it was in such a deep voice!  I looked up and it was an older Asian man in my car!!!  I screamed and through myself to the side of the car and a million things raced through my mind.  Then I saw him trying to find the door handle to the driver's door and he said "I can't get out!".  The door handle had broken off a few years ago and the door only opens from the outside.  I started to tell him he has to open the windows to get out, and then I realized he didn't have keys.  My next thought was that we would have to wait until Josh gets back to let him out.  Finally, I said "Hold on." and got out and opened his door for him.

Can you imagine getting into someone else's car with a screaming woman in it and then realizing you can't get out!?  His English wasn't the greatest either.  Poor guy.  He did show me his car and how it looks very similar to Josh's. He was legit and not a robber/rapist/bad guy/evil person.  Thank goodness.

I also can't blame him for mistaking the cars.  I did that twice in college.  Both in winter, at night.  Once I was so sure it was my car and I thought the locks had frozen and that's why the key wouldn't go in.  I went to the nearby dorm and got some luke warm water to try and thaw the lock.  Luckily on my walk back I saw my car a few rows down from this car (there were only 2 cars to choose from too!)  Can you imagine if I poured water on the other car's lock and it froze?!

The second time, I tried really hard to get my key in the lock of the car, and because of my previous experience, I realized after 2 minutes that it wasn't my car.  Looking around to see if anyone noticed, I saw the popular guy from my class who had a giant red afro and was from the band: The Burning Bushes (Mount Pleasant Local band), walking towards the car, and then later get in it.  He totally saw me try to break into his car!!

No comments: