Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tauntauns are Awesome

Today I am wearing a new outfit for me.  It was a hand-me-down from someone I know and it fits me perfectly.  It is a pleated skirt with matching short sleeve light weight sweater top with a tye belt that is made of the same fabric as the skirt.  The skirt is white with bright orange and pink blobs on it.  The sweater is a matching orange color.  I guess I would have to go with a bright pastel orange.  It just so happens that I have a pair of shoes that match the orange perfectly. $2 walmart clearance shoes I got my junior year of high school.  Yeah...in your face people who say to get rid of things if you don't wear them for over a year.  In your face!

I typically would never buy a skirt and matching top outfit and I would typically never buy something in orange...even though I have several times in the past.  I think I have a worry of looking like a pumpkin.  But this outfit is sooo perfect for work.  I don't have to run around looking for a clean shirt that matches the skirt...like all my other skirts.  They just go together.  The shirt is warm enough for work, but cool enough for summer.  The style of skirt is what I'm always looking for but did not own until this point.  It's pleated and knee length and makes me feel young and cute.  Which is odd, because I have a very sneaky suspicion that this outfit is verging on a teacher's outfit...and even though I am not sporting neon tropical fish, I still think of Mrs. T.  Huh...I can't remember what T stands for now, except that she told us her name was like Tarantula...but that wasn't her name.

But I'm not worried if it's a teacher outfit or not if I wear it to work.  At work I am not the Me that I know and love.  I mean I try to be, but I am learning that at work you can't just say everything that comes to mind instantly...you need to edit your words and sentences.  Probably would have helped if I had learned this in grad school....  oh well.  I am truly working on thinking about what I say before I say it now and not saying everything I can say.

I also learned why you don't want your super skillz to be known by everyone.  I had a higher-up, but not the highest up, who always calls me Lindsey, burst into my office and walk around my desk with out being invited in or waiting for me to acknowledge her.  It sorta went against personal office etiquette.  This wouldn't have been so bad but I was taking a short work break (I'm allowed those) and instead of going for a walk (too cold and rainy!) I was drawing a Tauntaun , which by the way, turned out AWESOME!  And the only reason she came in was to ask me how to use part of Word, which was the second time this week someone has asked me for help on Word.  Funny thing is I am no means a word expert.  Both times people have asked me for help, it was about things I've never done before.  This bursting in person could have totally figured it out by pressing buttons on Word until it worked...that's all I do.  And when that doesn't work, I google my question and I almost always get a very simple step by step answer.

The same person stopped by my office later, calling me Lindsey, and asking my roll in the employee association, then wanting to know who the Treasurer was, and I thought about it and the Treasurer is named Lindsay.  That's gotta be confusing for her.  (There were reasons for the questioning that are not important to the story).

No comments: