Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Good TV

One of my favorite tv shows is called Cook'n Wit Big Fella the Hustlin' Chef.  It's only on a local Tennessee channel, IQtv.  It's hilarious.  It's a big big big black man who cooks for you and shows you how to make ghetto food.  So far I've only seen 2 episodes, and I suspect there are only 2.  The first one made a spaghetti bake with as much cheese as I eat in about a year.  This one he made chicken bake with "fukin asparagus broccoli hybrid called asparations!"  He even whipped out the knife he got off of the TV that cuts everything and has a lifetime warrenty and cut some wood with it.  That's my favorite part.  We saw how much he was  ball'n when he showed us his fridge with the freezer on the bottom, yo!  My favorite part is how he didn't get to half the stuff you're suppose to do and they had to do it super fast in like 5 seconds.

Right now NCIS: LA is on.  Tuesday night tv is the lamest of lame.  I wish Josh wasn't working.

I made a soup for dinner.  The same soup I made last week, but better because I tweaked it.  I was able to do this because there was left over ingredients that were going to go bad.  The soup contains onion, carrots, celery, garlic, one apple and one potato.  All of it is cut up as small as I can cut it and still be sane, and then I heat it with olive oil (or butter or both) in my pot.  I do the garlic and onions first until they are soft.  Then I put everything in and heat it hot until it is soft 5-7 min maybe?  While that's cooking (and not burning), I put together 2 tsp of curry, 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/4 or less Cinnamon, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp (more or less) fresh ground pepper.  I mix that all in and then add 2 Tblspn flour.  Then I add cups of veggi broth and water (2 or more of each) and half a can of low fat cocunut milk.  Then 1/4 cup rice.  I boil for 25 min.  Mmm mmm mm. 

Ackbar had his balls removed this morning.  I feel bad for him.  He's staying the night there and I miss him.  He is never really annoying and he is entertaining. He likes to gently nibble on big toes when you're asleep.

I've been running an 11 min mile on the treadmill.  Today I ran outside.  I'm told that 8 laps is a mile and I could only do 7 running!  Running in real life is soooo much harder!  But I'm working on my tan at the same time...so that's good.

No comments: