Friday, June 24, 2016

Today's Thoughts

So England is leaving the EU.  I really didn't think it would pass and that they would.  Like the rest of the world.  What do you think about it?  Right now is the first time I wish I had FB since I quit b/c I want to know what different people in the US or out are thinking about it.  I would compare it to situations occurring in the US right now and other such stuff, but you can just to a worthy newsource and find out yourself.

I made strawberry Jam yesterday with my mom's help and kitchen!  They are beautiful.  I bought four quarts and made about 10 jars of jam (9 for me and the extra in a jar for my mom) and two bags of cleaned berries to be frozen.  I thaw them in the winter to put in Lilly's smoothies.  I bought a quart of berries two days before and didn't eat them, so the next day, they were too squishy to eat, so I cleaned them, added sugar, and blended them to freeze for a wintertime strawberry ice cream sauce.  Or...maybe mix into cake? Who knows!

So far I have stocked up on frozen rhubarb (they make excellent frozen teething sticks) and strawberries.  I want to can peaches and make applesauce this year.  That is my goal.  It's going to be hard b/c I can't stand for that long and not be in pregnancy pain.  I think Mandy is going to help my mom and I with the peaches and applesauce b/c she wants those too.  I'm skipping on corn and green beans as my freezer is full.  I may skip blueberries too b/c I froze those last fall and didn't use them! So so sad.

I am planning a picnic themed birthday party for Lilly.  It's exclusive, yet casual.  I'm only inviting her normal playdate friends, to keep it small and manageable.  It's even being held at our normal playdate times! There will be "a lot plenty" of balloons and cake.  I'm thinking I'll make it carrot cake with homemade cream cheese frosting, but it'll be in a rectangular glass dish.  None of that fancy round two layer cake with frosting on the outside AND inside. Sigh.  That's what I want to do, but I know reality and I know myself.  It will keep me more sane if I do the simpler flat cake.  I did entertain the idea of cupcakes for a few minutes, but then, I came to grips with reality.  This party is going to be extreme and awesome and yet still fit into my limited energy and limited time lifestyle.  The bonus part is that Josh is going to be there and he is super good at playing with kids outside, so he's incharge of games.  I'm thinking an obstacle course and bubbles.  The ages range from 5 to 1.5 yrs...so, nothing too organized.

That's all I have planned, so I need to get going. 

No comments: