Thursday, February 3, 2011

None Too Happy

Stress was high today at work.  Everyone else's stress anyways.  I was completely calm yet annoyed.  Stress and pressure causes adults to act like big babies, and I feel like they should just get over it.  Completely hypocritical on my part, I'm the biggest baby of them all.  BUT one person did cancel one of my print jobs, while I was standing right there waiting for the copier to finish printing, because he wanted to make a copy.  Then when I was trying to print it again, it jammed up the copier 3 times, and I had to fix it because people don't know how to follow the instructions on the little screen and do an incomplete job because, again, they are impatient.

Oh, and one person implied that since I'm married I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and he can't wait to try my food.  I don't know if he was joking to watch me get mad or not, but either way, I don't like it!

One lady did bring in delicious bagels though.

I also got a bunch of bags from a woman who was going to bring them to the goodwill!  Two are heavy carhart material and are big enough to be carry-ons on the plane.  Just what I needed!  They were both old USET bags from past meetings.  Then she had one she was getting rid of that is Rasberry Pink and leather, and full of lots of pockets!!!!  It's exactly what I was picturing when I imagined myself buying a new bag, which I've been imagining a lot lately!  Actually I was gearing up to purchase one in the next few weeks, and now I don't have to!!  It's definitely going to help my professional look.

I have this goal, that's been in my mind for a while now,  to not buy anything new.  Instead only find it at the goodwill, make it myself, or find something I already own that will substitute in its place for what I need.  It's pretty much working, except for makeup and face supplies, etc.  This basically only counts for household items, and maybe clothes/accessories.  If I do buy something new, it better NOT come from Target!  That's all I have to say on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thoughts you think is what goes out into the "universal thought web" and it comes back to you. If you think positive, positive things happen to you. If you think negative, negative things happen to you. If you think raspberry pink leather bags with lots of pockets, waa-laa, raspberry pick bags show up in your life.
Guess who.