Sunday, November 22, 2009

My New Job

People.  I have a job!  And I L.O.V.E. it.  How could I not?  I have an office full of all the best office supplies, I have a better computer than the one I had at Vandy, I have MY OWN printer.  I have...wait for it....A WINDOW! A giant window that starts at waist height and goes to the ceiling.  And I see a small parking lot and trees and woods out of it. I have an office chair and a plastic mat for it to roll on.  I have a desk that is large enough for me to spread all of my papers out on.  I will be getting a company laptop and company credit card.  This is proof that I am an adult, not a student.  I am trusted with actual responsibility.  Amazing.

My boss is very nice.  My coworkers are also very nice.  There are only 5 of us in the environmental department.  ELO.  Environmental liaisons office.  I am project coordinator II.  I don't have to pay for the coffee that is made in the coffee maker.  I have a key card that I scan to let the gate open so I can drive in and to unlock the front door.  I have a casual Friday.

One day an ELO worker came in and she was hobbling around on a hurt ankle.  She said her husbands crutches were too big for her.  I was like, Well...would you like some that do fit? I happen to have a set in my trunk.  She couldn't believe it.  But I did, and now she is using them!  I'm so happy about that.  It's like now I finally got my money's worth out of them.  She's even going to drop them off to donate them for me when she is done with them.  Which is why they were in the trunk, Josh never dropped them off at the goodwill (3 months ago) and they just stayed there.

To drive to work I don't even have to get on the expressway!  I just take Bell Road (which is basically, but not technically, the road I live on) all the way to the end and then the building is on the right. It takes about 30 min.

So I haven't driven my truck b/c one of the tires was bad (the metal bits were showing) and I didn't want to drive it b/c I wouldn't be able to change the tire if it did go flat.   But we finally got it fixed...by buying 4 new all-terrain tires!!!  We were always planning on doing it, but have not had the money...and we don't really now, but it doesn't matter b/c I know we will!

No comments: